Friday, May 01, 2009

Just flying, not bothering anyone...

Pilots!

Not much going on lately. Here's what I know:

Piper 85Y has begun her Annual Inspection. We refuse to estimate downtime, because we're just bad at it with that plane. More as I know it.

Cessna 17J is humming along.

Cessna 1ES is all smiles.

Cessna 04H remains down indefinitely. More as I know it.

Cessna 20U is looking stylish on the ramp.

Cessna 68U isn't complaining.

Cessna 630 has completed her engine break-in, and while there were a few glitches (mainly regarding too-high oil pressure), we seem to have things ironed out. Please watch the oil pressure gauge on runup and departure!

Cessna 25R shows her frog-legs to all the boys.



I was asked a question in the office today which I do not know the answer to. It is another charting mystery, and right here in our backyard this time. I submit it to the group's awe-inspiring wisdom.

Or at least your Google-Fu, which certainly exceeds my own chops.

Here is a snippet from the San Diego Terminal Chart, as found at SkyVector.com.



You'll see just offshore from Oceanside Municipal Airport, a 4-pointed ninja star, which they have helpfully called VPOCN.

Some of you may recognize the VP prefix. I won't spoil the easter-egg hunt if you wanna chase down what VP might be.

For the rest of you -- what's the deal? What's a VPOCN? :)

==

Simply gorgeous today. Man oh man. Weather coming in tomorrow -- let's hope it stays high and dry here for the weekend.

Blue Skies,

- Mike